Organization

I basically just work in the shop and let stuff pile up. Then once I have a hard time finding things or just when it gets too overwhelming, I stop and clean up a bit.

It's almost impossible to keep a 2 car garage organized with all the different wood and machine tools I have managed to cram in there. That's the price we hobbiests pay. We don't have the real-estate of a real machine shop.

Ipeedin: the guy next door has a few of those card file cabinets, do the drawers have dividers in them?
Any roller bearings in the drawers ?.
I have a couple Kennedy roll arounds w top boxs I don't like them. Things bang around in the drawers when opening / closing , files , drills , tooling . I'm thinking those card cabinets would be better, more useable storage , smaller footprint , deeper drawers. Then sell a Kennedy box
Just wondering
Thanks

Ipeedin: the guy next door has a few of those card file cabinets, do the drawers have dividers in them?
Any roller bearings in the drawers ?.
I have a couple Kennedy roll arounds w top boxs I don't like them. Things bang around in the drawers when opening / closing , files , drills , tooling . I'm thinking those card cabinets would be better, more useable storage , smaller footprint , deeper drawers. Then sell a Kennedy box
Just wondering
Thanks

The drawers had dividers, but I removed them. My thinking was that a little lost space on each side of the divider could be a usable space without the divider. Not hard to remove at all.

And yes, all the drawers have roller bearing slides.

The wife & I are both very pleased with the available storage they provide.

I cant believe I'm not alone I make the best messes, I can make a mess out of 1 item. I start cleaning and come across a project I need to finish then make another mess. I also have a problem called fafs maybe you've heard of it first available flat surface. on top of no memory. bill

LOL I do keep my areas ship shape and I was "volunteered" to train and then teach little seminars to every dept. in a building at my employer in the Five S's...Let's see, it was: Sort, scrap, set in order....?...and the last was sustain....Anyway, every time I think of it now I think of Dodgeball the movie and Patches Ohoulihan's tutorial (Dodge, duck, dip, dive and....dodge.

my wife puts her foot down when I need to go buy another tool thatI already have but cant find. then I clean up some bill

Yea, I have been cleaning for the past three days. If it's covered with dust, it goes in the can. The first few items were tuff but it gets easier as you go. Right now I have three BIG trash bags and most of a fourth ready to go to the road tomorrow. :)
Mark

my wife puts her foot down when I need to go buy another tool thatI already have but cant find. then I clean up some bill
Ahh! Good,Its not just me then! I have multiples of certain tools as well.

Back