Opinions on some tools and ebay dealers?

where are you moving to?

Panama City, Panama!!!
I'm thinking with all the canal work over the years there must be lots of old goodies stashed all over the country. Unfortunately tools there are very expensive so I'm not sure they will be within my budget. I'm hoping to find old stuff to restore. Restoration is a passion of mine.

Last edited:
Just the fact that they state, the picture of the rotary table may not be the actual picture of the item, that would make me shy away.

Just the fact that they state, the picture of the rotary table may not be the actual picture of the item, that would make me shy away.
All I know is the one pictured is just a hunk of scrap metal.

All I know is the one pictured is just a hunk of scrap metal.

I thought that little RT looked familiar. Not sure if all the similar looking 4" RTs are the same in quality but it looks like the same style in this video. He was trying to make a replacement brass or bronze gear for his bandsaw when the gear in the RT failed which is also brass or bronze. :lmao:

[video=youtube;F7Jt-dkITcI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7Jt-dkITcI[/video]

I have purchased a couple inexpensive items from JTS .
Import 25-50-75mm
(1-2-3 metric) blocks.
Was the last item i got a year or so ago.
Their price was cheap, the blocks met their claim of accuracy.
I had no problems with their service .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do a saved search for the items you are looking for on eBay and also add machinist tools to your collection. get e-mailed new listings under that category every day. I just picked up a 81 pc. SPI gauge block set for $114 used and it is $360 new. It is in perfect condition, I do not think it has even been used.

Good to know. I also looked at that cheap gauge block set, but didn't feel good about it. Like your suggestion better.
Congratulations on your find.

Back