Opinions On Hf 12x36 Needed Please

If I lived closer I'd be jumping on that with both feet.
$500 is dirt cheap for a 12 x 36 lathe no matter who made it.
Just get all the bits and pieces he has for it.

I figure if he didn't crash it or something while playing with it at the very least in this humidity it's got surface rust and pretty grungy from just sitting, my south bend was the same way from sitting in a shed for years, a good cleaning, a good going over and some oil makes a world of difference.

Well Google found one someone got the in store price down to $875. You couldn't buy it for that now tho. Maybe he will have tools to go with it as well. Tools alone could get you in that neighborhood. I'm not close enough for it to be tempting ether. ;)

I am only about 620 miles from Lufkin. :p
Just a skip, hop, and jump.
Might be warmer there than here also.:D

Bark, If you should pass on it----I'm only a little ways from Lufkin:D

Well just an update, guy called and said he was home and to come take a look when I could, so I hopped in the truck and drove on over, guy has a nice shop full of toys and this lathe sitting in the corner, a CM model 43681 12x37 gap bed lathe on the factory stand, dusty, a few chips laying in the pan, very light surface rust, still smelled like cosmoline, power switch wouldn't work but we kicked in the relay by hand and run the machine through all the gears and checked all the feeds, has the follow rest, steady rest, a 8" six jaw mounted, three jaw, four jaw and faceplate still in cosmoline, original tool box and hand tools, manual, metric change gears, and a box of bits, knurling tool, boring bars, drill chucks and other misc. I couldn't even bring myself to haggle which is rare for me lol, we agreed on 500.00 and I pick it up in the morn after he moves some stuff out so we can get it out, so far so good I'm thinking.

You got one heck of a deal there.
Sounds like you paid for the 8" 6 jaw and got the rest for free.
Nice score.

Well just an update, guy called and said he was home and to come take a look when I could, so I hopped in the truck and drove on over, guy has a nice shop full of toys and this lathe sitting in the corner, a CM model 43681 12x37 gap bed lathe on the factory stand, dusty, a few chips laying in the pan, very light surface rust, still smelled like cosmoline, power switch wouldn't work but we kicked in the relay by hand and run the machine through all the gears and checked all the feeds, has the follow rest, steady rest, a 8" six jaw mounted, three jaw, four jaw and faceplate still in cosmoline, original tool box and hand tools, manual, metric change gears, and a box of bits, knurling tool, boring bars, drill chucks and other misc. I couldn't even bring myself to haggle which is rare for me lol, we agreed on 500.00 and I pick it up in the morn after he moves some stuff out so we can get it out, so far so good I'm thinking.

You done good--congrats.

Back