One shot oil line replacements?

Investigator

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I've already decided that the Honeoye will be rebuilt/refurbed, I'm waiting on the rebuilding manual before I start. But, I know I will be replacing the oil lines for the one shot system. What plastic line should I buy to go from the meters to the holes in the saddle castings?

A suggestion..
Maybe look to standard neoprene flexible pressure pneumatic tube. "Flexible" is a relative term. They are smooth, and hard-walled enough to use those "push-in and seal" fittings that can hold quite high air pressures. If your oil line pressures get above about 15bar, then you have to resort to metal, like brake hydraulic tubing, but I don't think lubrication norms get anywhere near so high.

Size-wise, I have used them as 6mm, 8mm, and 10mm.
You might be going for similar sized in inches, like 1/4" or 3/8". There may be places which need thinner.

Neoprenes are immune to oils and most solvents, and you can even get them in various colours + black.

Last edited:
For tight bends and to prevent large loops that can get in the way or caught by the table, you can also use 90 degree push connectors. Can make for a very clean installation.

I have not seen the push tube connectors suitable for oil that are the plastic ones like you see for air. When I do a filter on McMaster Carr for the connectors and pick either Oil, Mineral Oil or Cutting Oil, it directs me to brass fittings.

Usually the tube from the metering block to the saddle are hard lines, typically Bijur tubing which can come in aluminum, steel, brass and copper. They also have stiff nylon tubing. These are used for fixed lines that do not need to flex. There are separate flex lines made to go from the pump to the distribution manifold on the saddle. It is important to know the size of the tubing diameter. When cutting the hard line I use a < > wire stripper/cutter and then clean the end and slightly ream the hole as it can close down after cutting

Tubing/fittings can be found on eBay, but also a lot of online vendors. If I recall I purchased from Supra Machine Tools.

Thanks a bunch for that link, @mksj. I have a crushed hard line to replace, and didn't know where to start.

I used the Bijur stuff when I rebuilt my WB Knight that AKJEFF linked to. I am biased though, regarding where I got the stuff from. lol

Jon

I watched someone on Youtube use that high pressure vinyl? tubing for the oil lines. Came in a kit with the compression sleeves-fittings etc.
He just heated up the area he wanted to bend and it kept the shape. Pretty slick.
I thought so anyway.

Back