One item on my "white board wish-list" might come true!

Oh boy! Border Collies! We have had 3 of them. The first one was by far the best, got him as a pup from the top breeder in Wisconsin at the time. Didn't have to train him, he just knew what you wanted him to do and did it! He was a great dog. After we lost him we got a brother and sister as pups from a different breeder. (The first breeder had passed away by then) They weren't as smart but still smart. We lost both of them last year at age 15.
You will enjoy a Border Collie, just have to keep them from getting bored, nothing worse than a bored Border Collie in the house!

Best of luck,
Richard
My Avatar, is my previous pup. He was a border collie / sheppard. Play, play, play... The dog never really knew what it was like to have a down time. Throw the ball, throw the frisbee... 100 degrees out, keep throwing it dad... He lived until 18.. when his legs gave out. Smart as a whip.. My German Shedder, is a more calm dog, dumb as a rock... compared to my Border Collie/Shep.. But loveable, dedicated. We just got back from a long walk, and I'm in the garage, and so is he... happily laying on the cold concrete.

heavy-black-heart_2764.png

I’ve been pondering the merits of getting a dog myself. Not quite ready, but the idea has been growing on me. Haven’t narrowed down a breed yet.

It really hurts to loose them and our 13 year old long haired Weimaraner is nearly there.
Poor thing has dementia and loosing his back legs its really sad to see but he's given us so much so we are making his last moments as best we can.

Ice cream, hamburgers, corn dogs..............

Hi Everyone,

Wow, what a big group of dog lovers here!
Another reason to like this place.

First I should say that those initial pictures were taken with the puppies at 1 week (nursing) and then 2 weeks (sleeping).
They are now 8 weeks, so yesterday we picked up and brought home the last available puppy in the litter of seven.

Introducing Mipha (pronounced "meefa")
Mipha.jpeg

I only found out about these puppies on Thursday night.
Mom is a border collie, dad was a beagle/fox hound mix.

Yesterday was a whirlwind:
-getting more of the house a little more "puppy proofed"
-picking up a few supplies, leash, collar some chew toys, and a pile of cleaning supplies
-finally picking up the puppy
-going for about 87 outside walks; and yet she still managed to "christen" four rooms......
....and technically I was "working from home" so right now I am trying to make-up a few hours while she naps!

She has a few minutes now and then of whimpering/whining, but I think it's from suddenly being without siblings.
We actually wanted to get two to help with any separation issues, but there was only one left.
I asked to be contacted if anyone else "backed-out".... but what kind of monster could see this face and say "No"?

found_a_stick.jpg

tennis_ball.jpg

tuckered.jpg

I already wonder how we did without her!

Brian

Last edited:
Congratulations !!
What a sweet heart, those eye's are saying, Im going to pee on the floor and your not going to stop me. lol
With two dogs they have a buddy, with one you have a buddy.

Greg

Congratulations! What a beautiful puppy. You will love having a Border Collie. We did exactly what you had talked about, came home with two Border Collie puppies, what an adventure! They do grow fast.

Richard

Back