Older 11-100 Delta drill press

dwcon1431

Registered
Registered
My spindle shaft pulley appears to be working incorrectly. When it's installed, the shaft gear, keeps dropping out of gear. Is there a way to fix this, or do I need to replace the whole pulley system?

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Absolutely! However, I'm told that my message contains spam-like content. Lit me see if this message goes through, then I'll send pictures

The first pic is the assembled pulley. The second is the pulley without the gear shaft. The third is the gear shaft. The gear shaft falls out of the pulley gear through simple gravity. I originally took it apart because there was a lot of chatter in the shaft. When I reassembled the pulley and shaft, I had this problem. How is the gear shaft supposed to defeat gravity?

The first pic is the assembled pulley. The second is the pulley without the gear shaft. The third is the gear shaft. The gear shaft falls out of the pulley gear through simple gravity. I originally took it apart because there was a lot of chatter in the shaft. When I reassembled the pulley and shaft, I had this problem. How is the gear shaft supposed to defeat gravity?

Here they are.
92b63bb90ffb0545976380b922e5ff77.jpg
b8aaeb2ab9ae2520125998e47ac8b6ef.jpg
72105891f89a98b9097e9e5016194e83.jpg

Absolutely! However, I'm told that my message contains spam-like content. Lit me see if this message goes through, then I'll send pictures

I am also receiving that message prompt saying my photos or message contain spam like content, which is impossible since the photos are of an old crusty lathe. Were you able to resolve this issue, and if so could you please point me in the direction of remedying this myself please sir?

If I remember correctly, you guys are having issues with photos because of your limited post count. Try putting out a few more
posts and if the situation isn't resolved, send a PM to one of the mods.

I am also receiving that message prompt saying my photos or message contain spam like content, which is impossible since the photos are of an old crusty lathe. Were you able to resolve this issue, and if so could you please point me in the direction of remedying this myself please sir?
I just broke my post down to individual components. Message-pic, message-pic etc.

Looking at a parts diagram I see a bearing (part #SP5373) which should keep the shaft from falling out.
This may be a similar machine to yours:
View attachment 346267

That is correct and the bearing has no effect on the gear shaft. When I took it apart all I did was add grease to the gear and WD-40 to the shaft.

Back