"old Vise"

Nick01

Registered
Registered
Was browsing around a few flea markets and antique stores today and came across this vise.

image.jpeg
I already have a 4" littlestown #140 vise I've restored, but this one was in too good of condition to pass up. The action of the screw handle was tight and smooth, and the jaws looked literally untouched.

Their are no markings for a maker or brand, only the number 735B. It looks like it was originally a pale sea foam type color, and the jaws are 3.5" Any ideas on the make/model??

Anyways, I already disassembled and started wire wheeling it and it's in even better shape than I thought!

Old and new
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Seriously look at the jaws, not a mark!!
image.jpeg

I'll post a few more photos once I get some enamel on it and grease the leadscrew.

it does not appeared to be hardly used. good find, great addition to any shop. powder-coat it. . . :)

Wow, it is really a jewel under there...
Congratulations.
-brino

Thanks I wish I could powder coat it but IM not equipped to do so.

I used a high temp engine enamel for the other vise and I can't put a scratch in the thing. When I first repainted it I painted over the flat top of the anvil part and went through hell to clean it off.
I think I ended up heating it under a torch and literally scraping the gelatinous goo of paint off. Thought I could clean it up with a wire wheel, boy was I wrong. It still has crap around the edges haha .

Nice find ! There is just something special about rescuing something headed for the grave ....or the scrap heap . I just found an old Japanese machine vise at the scrap yard I frequent.

Back