Old School

you may be old school if your phone cost 8$ a month and ma bell supplied the phone
My tracfone still only costs $8 a month. Of course it is a flipphone only good for calls...

You may be old school if you remember
when the Fax machine was #1 in new technology

I actually had someone ask what carbon paper was one day when we were talking about something.

You might be old school if you can answer this question:

What key is present on (almost?) EVERY typewriter keyboard, but not present on ANY computer keyboard?

You might be old school if you still use a fountain pen. Went into Staples the other day and asked for ink for my fountain pen. The little Jennifer says, "What's a fountain pen?".

You may be old school if you even know what a sextant or a Morse key is. In the old days navigating officers or radio officers did not get charged extra by the airlines to hand carry their "tools of their trade", when joining a ship overseas. I still get called in to hand scrape a white metal bearing on the older low speed marine diesels. Geoffrey.

Our publishing company <www.paracay.com> still sells the Nautical Almanac and various sight reduction tables. (The Naval Academy and the Merchant Marine Academies no longer teach Celestial Nav.)

You might be Old School if you ever reduced a sight using H.O. 211.

Back