Old hacksaw rebuild

wpala

Active User
Registered
Hi
So I got this old Excell hacksaw it was in decent shape but just very weathered and dirty with some paint stains etc... so I thought it would be a nice project for restoration here is some photos before
IMGP0019.JPGIMGP0018.JPG
I took it all apart sand blasted all the parts polished and sanded all the shiny exposed parts repainted it and here are the photos after
IMGP0040.JPGIMGP0043.JPGIMGP0039.JPGIMGP0036.JPG
all it needs its a small engine to re-power it and can't wait to see how it cuts
It is a quiets little machine I couldn't believe how small it is one photo shows it against standard can of paint hopefully it will cut small parts as good as she looks now

Paul:))

IMGP0019.JPG IMGP0018.JPG IMGP0040.JPG IMGP0043.JPG IMGP0039.JPG IMGP0036.JPG

What a very professional rebuild,:man: I would like a small bench size hacksaw just the same.
It will last you forever well done.
Kindest Regards
Beagles

Wow, very neat. Have you found a motor for it yet? I would be curious how long it takes to cut through say a piece of 2" round stock?

You should enjoy using this little saw. The really march through material quite nicely. Look on the OWWM.COM site to find an original manual for your machine. The manual will tell you what size pulleys you need and the correct motor size. To amswer the question above, the machine will make short work of a 2" piece of round stock.

Hey wapala. Do u have the weight that goes on the overhead arm ??
If not i can take pics & measurements for u

If so send me a private mess with phone#

scruffy

I also have a saw like yours. I think that your saw is more complete than mine. From the looks of it your missing the weight, sliding switch arm, and switch. My saw is also missing the weight. I am now in the process of making one. I am just guess on the size. My guess is 3/4 x 2 x 11. If anyone knows the exact size let me/us know.

Nice job on the rebuild.

Paul

Back