Oil or Grease Cotton or Felt

The ones ai have I bought a few years ago and are solid brass threaded with metric threads. I need to look into buying some ball oilers even though I dislike using them old machine tools have them all over them. BTW I finally bit the bullet and bought some 1/8" felt rope from Mc Master Carr. I love McMaster Carr but always hate the cost of shipping. Seems like everything you buy now cost at least $25 dollars. I look at it as 1 fourth of $100 dollar bill. In other words, the 100 now has the buying power that the 20 used to have. And they call it progress.

The ones ai have I bought a few years ago and are solid brass threaded with metric threads. I need to look into buying some ball oilers even though I dislike using them old machine tools have them all over them. BTW I finally bit the bullet and bought some 1/8" felt rope from Mc Master Carr. I love McMaster Carr but always hate the cost of shipping. Seems like everything you buy now cost at least $25 dollars. I look at it as 1 fourth of $100 dollar bill. In other words, the 100 now has the buying power that the 20 used to have. And they call it progress.
Well I look at it this way, I used to hear about bread costing a nickel. I used to roll my eyes I am sure, but I get it now. Things will always go up in price. We had it good for a lot of years, when China was charging peanuts, but now they are getting more expensive, and the middle men want more too. And let's not forget the tarrifs that are still in place. All combine for a perfect storm, and in Retirement a bit of a squeeze.

Well I look at it this way, I used to hear about bread costing a nickel. I used to roll my eyes I am sure, but I get it now. Things will always go up in price. We had it good for a lot of years, when China was charging peanuts, but now they are getting more expensive, and the middle men want more too. And let's not forget the tarrifs that are still in place. All combine for a perfect storm, and in Retirement a bit of a squeeze.
Yep my mom and dad were raised during the great depression. Daddy used to pull nails and make us use bent nails instead of buying new ones. He would drive into the gas station and ask me and my brother "Yall want to split a Coke" Cokes were a dime each. We would fight over who drank the most each time we turned that bottled up. he also bought a brand-new Silverado pickup in 1972 for $2700 dollars. I don't know why they even call it inflation. It is "Deflation of the dollar's buying power." A dollars worth of gas would get you to town and back 20 miles one way.

Back