Oil Can

BROCKWOOD

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I had seen a few versions of a no cost oil can & decided to give it a try. My version took 2 cans.
20161010 017.jpg 20161010 018.jpg 20161010 019.jpg 20161010 021.jpg 20161010 022.jpg

The trick part is to add a big heavy washer below a false bottom that is donated by a 2nd can. When pressing the false bottom down, it is important to seat the washer in such a way that it cannot rattle around. The top, squeezed into place upside down, can come from either can.
Show me your ideas & results!

Last edited:
I made one large oil can using a plastic miralax bottle. I left the lid and drilled holes in the sides of it. Used rtv to glue the top into the bottom . There's plenty of oil in reserve and the brushes don't snag or hang up. Just fiddling around one day. I like the beer can and ill go out back and get some to drink and reuse.

I made one large oil can using a plastic miralax bottle. I left the lid and drilled holes in the sides of it. Used rtv to glue the top into the bottom . There's plenty of oil in reserve and the brushes don't snag or hang up. Just fiddling around one day. I like the beer can and ill go out back and get some to drink and reuse.
I'd like to see pics of it!

interesting, about 5-6 yrs ago, I started to use the spill proof paint pots, meant for kids. when filled to the limit, they can be turned upside down, with no leaks.

Back