Off to another estate auction this weekend

tq60 Central Valley Estate Sales also has some interesting auctions from time to time. There is one in Cathy's Valley this weekend that has a some nice looking woodworking tools. https://www.centralvalleyestates.co...february-27th-2021-catheys-valley?tab=gallery To far for me to drive but closer to you.

Tony I would buy your HF press except I have no idea when I will be over to the coast again. The last two trips over did not go well for my 102 year old mother. So I am kind of stuck over here for the foreseeable future.

I’m sorry about your mom, she of course comes first. Who knows if and when I’ll get rid of that press. Let me know if and when you next come over and we’ll take it from there.

The auction turned out to not be worth going to. Didn't even stay for the start of the auction. The antique power hack saw was huge. A good 4' long by 2' high by 18" or so wide. And it was heavy. So I decided to pass on it. Some of the stuff in the preview pictures like the engine hoist were pulled and not for sale. The hydraulic press had some bent and potentially broken pieces. No thanks. Other stuff that I would have bid on was at the very end of the auction and I didn't want to wait around for 4 to 6 hours. So I bailed.

The day wasn't a complete bust. I needed a pink lady apple tree for cross pollination with my sundowner apple tree. A nursery down in Visalia had one at a fair price. Off to Visalia to get the tree and planted it when I got back home. I plan to espalier this tree. Will make the trellis tomorrow out of pvc pipe.

Too bad it was a bust. Was there a bunch of people there? I’ve never been an auction type. Not patient enough.

Glad you found a way to turn it around with the visit to the nursery for the apple tree. Was a nice day for it. We went over to Atascadero and pick up a CL buy. Super nice sunny day for a drive.

These are live auctions. The auctioneer goes through each item in about a minute. 50 to 60 items per hour. The first item that I was interested in was a small anvil. Item #161. Perfect size for a garage shop. The rest were over #200. Didn't want to wait that long. You are bidding against the other people at the auction. It can be fun to watch the people dynamics as they bid on things. The husband and wife teams looking for stuff to resell can be really funny at times. Not like an online auction that sometimes go on for days.

Back