Off to another estate auction this weekend

mickri

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
This one has some interesting stuff. Do I need a power hacksaw? Rust included no charge. Or a big press. This would be yard art at its finest. No place to put it inside.

power hacksaw.jpg .big press.jpg

A small press might fit in the garage. And then there are tool boxes and tool chests too many to count. What treasures could be tucked away in these.

little press.jpg tool boxes.jpg machinists chest.jpg

I could always use a good engine hoist. And T posts. Can you ever have too many T posts when you live on 5 acres.

hoist.jpg T posts.jpg

And then there is an old lathe and a very large round column mill. I think that I will pass on these.

old lathe.jpg mill drill.jpg

And these are just the preview pictures. Who knows what will be sitting on the tables when they get it all unpacked from long forgotten hiding places.

The auction is east of Fresno off Hwy 180. https://fresnoauctioncompany.net/event/2-27-20/?instance_id=4553

You must be pretty dedicated. That's a significant road trip from Squaw Valley.

Good luck.

Actually its only about 30 miles from me. I don't live at the ski resort up by Lake Tahoe. I think the town at the ski resort is Olympic Village or something like that. I live in the foothills 50 miles east of Fresno. The area I live in has been known as Squaw Valley since the 1800's when a post office was established to serve the ranchers in the area.

I could use the engine hoist and a hydraulic press would be handy to have. Will have to see what other treasures they find hidden away.

Looks like fun Chuck! Be interesting to see what you find, and how much they’re asking. Haven’t been to a yard sale in over a year. Like you I’m having a hard time squeezing anything more in the shop. The only thing that would hold me back on the engine hoist is it’s not the folding type. Saves a BUNCH of room.

good luck and happy hunting.

This is an auction. Not a yard sale. Everything will get sold to the highest bidder and there are no reserves with this auction company. They have a minimum starting bid of $5 now. It used to be $2.50 and a lot of things would sell for under $10. I am hoping to find measuring stuff like a depth mic, parallels and that kind of stuff. Seeing that there is a lathe and mill/drill indicates that there may be some tooling. A rotary table and V blocks would be worth bidding on. I usually get what I bid on because I am buying for my own use and will pay more than somebody who is looking to resell stuff. A 10 to 12 ton hydraulic jack would be a nice find. I have all of the stuff to build a hydraulic press except for the jack. So I won't bid much on the presses.

The engine hoist looks like it bolts together. So it might fold up. It would have to live outside no matter what because I don't have room to store it inside. More yard art. I have been looking for another storage shed. That would help with storing stuff.

I liken going to these auctions as treasure hunting. You never know what you will find.

I like the vette . Can't tell if they are egg crate side vents or not . 68-72 . 68-70s are the money cars . :encourage: Just saw the ad . 71 with the egg crates . :(

Good luck! Looks like that's an older King Taiwanese-made drill press. Pretty well built machine.

I typically only buy things that I need. I need an engine hoist. So that is a priority. And I will need a press to press the bearings on the rear axle of my 1966 midget. I have all of the parts to make a bench top press except for the hydraulic jack. So unless the smaller press goes for a reasonable price I will pass on it. The rusty antique power hacksaw is intriguing. Not that I need it but it might be fun to restore and convert to an electric motor. A conversation piece. Who knows what else is there.

That is near us....resist...resist...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I typically only buy things that I need. I need an engine hoist. So that is a priority. And I will need a press to press the bearings on the rear axle of my 1966 midget. I have all of the parts to make a bench top press except for the hydraulic jack. So unless the smaller press goes for a reasonable price I will pass on it. The rusty antique power hacksaw is intriguing. Not that I need it but it might be fun to restore and convert to an electric motor. A conversation piece. Who knows what else is there.
Don’t know if this would do it for you but I have a 12tn HF floor standing press I’m going to need to get rid of. It would be a great candidate to be cut down to a benchtop unit as the base is tweaked. $20?

Back