Not a profitable night by any means .

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
One of the gas furnaces kicked out once again and shut the whole side of the plant down . Making phone calls to everyone and getting multiple answers from all . :confused: The electrician broke off a heater in one of the dies that kicked out , so I have to pull the whole die , replace the 8 heaters and then replace with a new die . Then we move right on down to the next line and check everything , then the next , and so on . :rolleyes: Be back late in the morning !

Well, if nothing else, the night should roll right along, and be over before you know it. Mike

Isn't that what your payed for :dunno: suck it up butter cup. That's what my friend used to tell me when I ran more than 10 911 calls a day and told him that during a phone call.
I have no hope for your new person coming on, for the poll 5 days....unless he is over 50, and has work ethic. Don't mean to be a negative Nellie :grin:

Last edited:
There is a term for this...

Job security...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I was told repeat this mantra - “I love my job, my job love me”

I was told if you repeat this 20-30 times an hour, every hour, after 40 yrs, you might actually believe it!!

I was told repeat this mantra - “I love my job, my job love me”

I was told if you repeat this 20-30 times an hour, every hour, after 40 yrs, you might actually believe it!!
Nope, been doing that! LOL

One of the gas furnaces kicked out once again and shut the whole side of the plant down . Making phone calls to everyone and getting multiple answers from all . :confused: The electrician broke off a heater in one of the dies that kicked out , so I have to pull the whole die , replace the 8 heaters and then replace with a new die . Then we move right on down to the next line and check everything , then the next , and so on . :rolleyes: Be back late in the morning !
There will come a day when you will miss this, just not today......probably not tomorrow either!

Slept like a rock today ! :grin: Plant manager and my leader came in today and checked out the situation . Ended up being a bad controller for the gas valve and while we had 2 sitting on the shelf , we thought it best to have a contractor come in to install and calibrate it first thing Monday morning . Had to drop two lines as the other furnace couldn't provide enough heat for all the dies . Hopefully a good night with fewer lines running and people calling out due to the upcoming snow event . Ha .....................what does calling out mean ?

Back