NMTB 50 to 40 adapter?

taltexan

Registered
Registered
I’m looking at a mill with Nmtb 50 taper spindle. I have a bunch of 40 taper tool holders for another mill I own. Do they make an 50 to 40 adapter? How does it work as the 40 is 5/8-11 and the 50 is 1”-8. Does it take a special draw bar ? Thanks for looking

They make them. You use the 5/8”-11 drawbar to hold everything. You may need to make a custom drawbar that is longer..
Martin

They make them. You use the 5/8”-11 drawbar to hold everything. You may need to make a custom drawbar that is longer..
Martin

Yes, that is what they make, I have a mill with 40 taper spindle and another mill that has a 30 taper plus a all angle attachment for the 40 taper mill that takes 30 taper, they make a similar adaptor so that all my tooling is usable on both mills, and all it takes is another drawbar for each machine.

The drawbar on my Cincinnatti #2ML horizontal mill has both threads on the end... I bought a 50 to 40 adapter... maybe a Bison? I can't remember for sure, I do remember it wasn't cheap...

-Bear

The main thing is that the drawbar is likely going to need to be longer than the original one.

Used ones must be hard to find. Nothing on eBay, I checked the above link and that’s probably the way to go.
Thanks for all the replies.

Back