Nidec motor parts

rabler

Addlepated tinkerer
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Anyone have a good source for electric motor parts? The contact in the lower right is completely burnt away, was hoping to find a complete drop in assembly. Hate to see this motor scrapped over a simple burnt contact on the start-cap switch. Although that seems to be the mindset these days. Soldering in a copper strip with a couple of contact points is a possible field hack-job repair.

Another possibility is just hooking the two leads to this to the bottom left and top right. Can't see why that wouldn't work. I suppose some increased risk of burning out the start cap if then single contact stuck.

It's a Nidec model F851, Catalog number FD5CM2K18, 5 HP single phase 230V farm duty motor. My google-foo has turned up nada.
IMG_5079.JPGIMG_5081.JPG
Not my motor, it's off the air compressor from my local friendly car mechanic.

Like above but different.

Get a relay with correct voltage coil and double pole with current rating suitable.

Wires can be routed through the vent or normal wire route.

Use the remaining contact to control the relay.

Extend all 4 wires out to the relay contacts.

The contact will control the relay, the relay will replicate the switch function.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Like above but different.

Get a relay with correct voltage coil and double pole with current rating suitable.

Wires can be routed through the vent or normal wire route.

Use the remaining contact to control the relay.

Extend all 4 wires out to the relay contacts.

The contact will control the relay, the relay will replicate the switch function.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
Only two leads to this switch. Effectively two switches in series.

Yes, I believe they are called potential starting switches, they replace the centrifugal switch unit, still needed is the capacator.

You may be able to adapt one of these, I got my Enco Motor centrifugal switch on Ebay, The motor is over 30 years old, They still make and sell the switches. I don't know where you are at, But check your local Electric motor shop, They may have what you need, I got some capacitors there for my motor for like 5 bucks.

A replacement compressor motor is 500.00 and up.

I think I may have found the right one.

Looks like it would, dimensions would help. But for that I might just order one for him. THANKS

edited to add: found dimensions by searching that part number.

Looks like it would, dimensions would help. But for that I might just order one for him. THANKS

edited to add: found dimensions by searching that part number.
YW Hope it works out!

Back