Nice Monarch for sale.

Probably a great deal for someone who could actually utilize it. Can you imagine what something that size would cost new. Probably take a few days just to level it up. Mike

When that was new from the factory and put into service what was it for? What did they make with it?

Don't forget the cost of an overhead hoist...
I don't think you're gonna set the steady rests by hand.

What did they make with it?

Gun barrels for battle ships. I knew a lathe operator, who, during the II world war, (WWII) came in on second shift, Day shift told him the blank was secure, ready to cut. He climbed in the saddle and started it up, As soon as the the tool touched the part it (the part) came out and pinned his thighs to the floor. When I knew him, ca 1970, he could walk well, but you could tell he had problems.

Lordy, that beast is longer than my shop is.
Overhead hoist - Heck! You'd have to pour a foundation to set it on, and then there's the new drop...
Blackout the neighborhood. :grin:

I can see it now - "Honey? Lookie what followed me home. (Honey) Toss a mattress on it - cause that's where you're sleeping..."

Man that's a long bed.

they'd love something like that in oil country. Going to cost as much as they're asking just to move it and set it up though.

Much like large safes, these go begging because of the cost of transport and housing. $8k is probably scrap value.

Back