Newbie Questions

Looks like you did everything perfect, and with a lot more care than I normally use. As far as the torque on the hold down bolts, I pull on my 12 inch Crescent wrench until it quits moving, but I am a bit heavy handed.

To all responders,

My sincerest appreciation for all the input. I will be posting more newbie questions in the months ahead, please be patient with me.

The journey continues.........

Every question ever asked was a newb question and the only way for it not to be new, is to get it done :thumbsup2:

Re: Newbie Questions - Update

I think it was Ray C that suggested using a large bearing race when you sweep the table. Would this be so you don't pick up any dings or other table imperfections in your measurements?

Dave

Dave,

A good friend came through, I got an aircraft landing gear race heading my way. He sent me this photo to get appetite going. Now I need a project where I need to tilt or nod the head so I'll find an excuse to use this handy thing to get the machine squared away again. Need to make another indicator holder to sweep the radius of the bearing race.

282e5g8.jpg

282e5g8.jpg

Nice. I am currently keeping my eyes open at work for a large bearing race to use as it seems like a good way to go.

Tom's Techniques videos are very well done. I lost a lot of time watching them. Thanks for the lead.

Back