New York Hobby-machinists

I just joined the forum in search of someone or a recommendation of someone that I could hire to do some aluminum machine work for me. I am hoping for someone relatively close such as the Bronx, Queens or even Nassau/Suffolk county. Thanks!

I was looking more for like a hobbyist machinist but I will contact them and ask. They seem more into technology, safety, mass transit public safety field. I just need about 20 of these aluminum disks/spacers similar to one in the picture. Thank you for your reply, Robert

Attachments

• 20220312_180627.jpg
    20220312_180627.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 10
That would be great! I wanted to find out about how much these would cost so I did not order the aluminum yet but I have it sourced. As I mentioned varying sizes 3-11mm thick spacers all with same diameter with through holes as in picture. Maybe 20-30 pieces depending. I would love to discuss more!

Attachments

• 20220312_180627.jpg
    20220312_180627.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 9
@fastwind my only question is how soon or when do you need them exactly? My problem is i have a DRO half hooked up on my mill and right now my shop is closed bc my father had a heart attack last week so i have been working long hours at our family owned auto repair shop. If you need them soon then i may not be your guy. If you have like a month or so i can possibly help you out.

@fastwind

Be aware that we have a sub-forum specifically for this sort of thing.
You may get more responses if you open a thread there. Some members "Watch" it looking for work.

Welcome to H-M.

@fastwind my only question is how soon or when do you need them exactly? My problem is i have a DRO half hooked up on my mill and right now my shop is closed bc my father had a heart attack last week so i have been working long hours at our family owned auto repair shop. If you need them soon then i may not be your guy. If you have like a month or so i can possibly help you out.
Sorry to hear about your dad, I hope he is is making a good recovery! Funny that is my background- auto mechanic, not an easy job. I am not in rush for it. When you are ready please give me a call! Thank you!

Back