"New" Used tooling

cdhknives

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Would y'all pay 1/3 new cost for surplus tooling in supposedly unopened factory containers sight unseen?

Do you at least have a list of sizes or types? If so probably. If not you risk ending up with a ton of 1 size or a bunch of tooling that you don't use

Mom always said, "If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.."

Just use some thinking ,
who is getting rid of it?
why are they getting rid of it.
why are they willing to sell it at a loss for them?

I know the guy and have had dealings with him before. He bought a auction lot from a going-out-of-business machine shop, kept the measuring tools, and is selling off the mills and cutters.

There are 5 double ball end mills (2) 3/8 x 3/8, (1) 5/16 x 5/16, and (2) 1/4 x 1/4
There are 10 single end mills (1) 5/8, (1) 1/2, (2) 7/16, (2) 5/16, and (4) 1/4"
There are 10 Aloris TNMP432 grade 767 carbide inserts, 10 Aloris GTN-5P Grade 767 carbide inserts, and 10 Valenite TCGT turning inserts.

I can't make out the brand logo on the mills in his picture, but the packaging is clean. I guess Ill give it a go...

endmills_zps1ab348ea.jpg

I buy auction lots like that all the time. If I cant use it I just list it on Ebay and generally recover my cost and re-invest it again later. Only had a flaky deal once and it was my fault for not reading the ad closely.
Bob

I know the guy and have had dealings with him before. He bought a auction lot from a going-out-of-business machine shop, kept the measuring tools, and is selling off the mills and cutters.

There are 5 double ball end mills (2) 3/8 x 3/8, (1) 5/16 x 5/16, and (2) 1/4 x 1/4
There are 10 single end mills (1) 5/8, (1) 1/2, (2) 7/16, (2) 5/16, and (4) 1/4"
There are 10 Aloris TNMP432 grade 767 carbide inserts, 10 Aloris GTN-5P Grade 767 carbide inserts, and 10 Valenite TCGT turning inserts.

I can't make out the brand logo on the mills in his picture, but the packaging is clean. I guess Ill give it a go...

Most of those packages look like tooling I get from McMaster, and it's always good stuff.

You'll probably do just fine on that. If the pictures are representative of the merchandize, it looks fine. The sizes are not odd-ball, or special. I'd do it.

They arrived today. Mostly carbide with a couple of nitride coated, all USA made, mostly SGS brand with some that appear to be generic Fastenal products.

Time to break out the milling attachment for the lathe!:))

Back