New to this forum! Need help identifying some items!

Wow! Thanks for the quick responses, on Thanksgiving, no less! This gives me a very good impression of this forum and its members. Thank you!

I have another item - I am going to guess on this one. I believe it is a tool for rounding the end of a piece of stock in a lathe. Or for creating a curved bevel of some sort on round stock. Go easy on me if I am wrong:)!

Thanks again,
dennisView attachment 247696View attachment 247697View attachment 247698View attachment 247699

As others have said.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Metal-lath...hash=item53e6ac4544:m:mqLC8maB_WAymYC6RKRaeAw

If you have more, keep them coming. We like to play name that tool games.

Reactions: Z2V
Here are more items:

My guess on the first pictures is they are devices for making parallel marks on a lathe while the stock is turning?
The second one appears to be a pasta press :)
The third looks to be homemade out of brass, but no idea what it may have been used for.
I have seen the last item but can not place where I saw it or
what it was used for.

Also, what is the procedure for listing items on the for sale forum? I can not find the official rules on this and I do not want to make a mistake or do something wrong.

Thanks for your patience with me!
dennis

IMG_1303.JPGIMG_1304.JPGIMG_1305.JPGIMG_1306.JPGIMG_1307.JPGIMG_1308.JPGIMG_1309.JPGIMG_1310.JPGIMG_1311.JPGIMG_1312.JPGIMG_1313.JPGIMG_1314.JPG

Not sure what some of them are but the last two pictures are part of a set, an adjustable combination square. It goes on a rule and is used to mark center line on round stock etc.
Not sure what the one above that is for. But the one above that looks like a home made piece that would be used to curve metal and is adjustable. Small ones like that that I have seen before were for jewelry making. again the first two I do not know what they are for. I am somewhat of a beginer here as well. By the way again welcome to the site .

pic 6,7and 8 is part looks like shop made part of some sort of T slot clamp. Maybe a vise stop.

on 6,7 and 8 looking closer, If the handle was onthe other side, looks like it would be a better of a stop or somethig, Looks amost like the big T nut used on my lathe.

Back