New to me South Bend 7" Shaper, stoked!!!

jakes_66

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I just purchased a 7" South Bend Shaper at a local auction site. I've had my eyes peeled for one for years now, so I'm super stoked to have located such a nice example.

141885761_1800x1135_1000000000_CENTER_FFFFFF.png
141885773_1800x1135_1000000000_CENTER_FFFFFF.png
141885783_1800x1135_1000000000_CENTER_FFFFFF.png

Now the homework begins. A thorough inspection, purchasing correct lube oil, test runs. I'm very excited to give this thing a nice new home in my basement.

-Jake

Nice score. You'll have tons of fun!

Nice! Shapers are just a cool machine to run. Would love to find one like this in my area.

That is a really beautiful machine! Well done.
I have also recently become the proud owner of a small shaper :)

They are fun machines. I've had mine for about 20 years, it's in pristine condition. Effectively I got it for free, I bought the shaper and a surface grinder for $200, then I sold the surface Grinder for..........$200!
It's one of those things that when you need it, you need it.
Richard

Congratulations on picking up that shaper. Very nice. But, what I'd really like to hear about is that "Cammer" in your avatar.

Ted

Congratulations on picking up that shaper. Very nice. But, what I'd really like to hear about is that "Cammer" in your avatar.

Ted

I've been messing with Ford FE engines for years now. I've built a few and have a small collection, but no cammers. The SOHC 427 avatar is just a photo I found online, my dream setup for my 66 Galaxie! They are just so darn expensive! :dollars:

I've always loved the Camer, but as you said, you almost have to get a second mortgage on your house to buy one. I just recently sold a car with a nice 427 side oiler. That was my first "real" (as in completely rebuilding) experience with the FE. Anyway, hope you get that Cammer in your Galaxie one of these days.
Ted

I have one just like that, but mine came with an option that yours doesn't have... mine included the idiot marks in the vise... for no extra charge!

Yours is a nice one!

-Bear

Back