New to me Hardinge dv-59

That's a mighty fine first lathe, you must have been paying attention around here:encourage:

John

In bad shape for sure

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 33
Some more work

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 26
Good choice, Braeden. Let us know your first project when it goes operational. I like the way you’re digging into it. No fear!

Congratulations Braeden. That is a heck of a starter machine. I see what you mean about noise--it sounds like maybe a belt is flapping? What finish can you get with it? That machine should make mirror-like finish with HSS tools when it is in good tune.

Congratulations Braeden. That is a heck of a starter machine. I see what you mean about noise--it sounds like maybe a belt is flapping? What finish can you get with it? That machine should make mirror-like finish with HSS tools when it is in good tune.
Good finish with a dull tool on a socket the noise is from a pulley that has a chunk missing

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 20
Good choice, Braeden. Let us know your first project when it goes operational. I like the way you’re digging into it. No fear!
It works fine right now mostly just cosmetic work is going to be done on the lead screws that have two bearing on one side and a 3 piece thrust bearing on the tailstock silky smooth for sure!

Not sure on your lathe Braeden, but the slot on the back of my HLV is the mount for the taper attachment. That makes no sense though without a traveling carriage
Greg

I made some tops but they only spin for about 10 seconds too top heavy (pun intended)

evapo-rust is awesome!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 27
Back