New to me FT-2S

Gaffer

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I posted last weekend that I bought this mill. I picked it up yesterday and put it in a temporary space in my overcrowded garage until I make room. It is replacing my Exacto BP clone, powered by a VFD. I'm putting it and my SB 9A up for sale this weekend. The VFD will go with the old mill, and I plan to add a 5 HP RPC for the Lagun.

The seller loaded it onto my drop deck (?) trailer with his forklift. Unloading it wasn't bad but time-consuming. I used a come-along and ratchet strap to control and move it to the end of the trailer. I used a floor jack to lift it to set it on 1" pipe. Easy Peasy.

It also came with a Kurt 675 vise not shown in these photos.

69690292189__6168A25D-92AA-4D02-8324-758914781AB2.jpgIMG_1963.jpgIMG_1964.jpg

Beautiful baby brother to my FTV3! Such a joy. I'm sure you're proud.

What's the "S" stand for? I thought it was Servo for the Anilam machines, which that is not. It's not for "sheaved" head, that's a FT-2, or FTV-2 for vario head.

Let me know if you need manuals.

Beautiful baby brother to my FTV3! Such a joy. I'm sure you're proud.

What's the "S" stand for? I thought it was Servo for the Anilam machines, which that is not. It's not for "sheaved" head, that's a FT-2, or FTV-2 for vario head.

Let me know if you need manuals.
Thank you. I haven't been able to find what the S means. Some things I read indicate minor improvements in the head. I read your responses in @Dhal22 's thread. I also downloaded the manuals you posted there - but before ordering the manual on eBay - $63 shipped. OUCH, but I need/want it. Yes, your FTV3 is a beast!

Back