New Shop Shelving

Starlight Tools

Active User
Registered
Needed to get the clutter off the floor so set up some new shelving.

They come pre-made by "Stanley" as 18" x 36" x 72" high shelves, with uprights and 5 shelves per set. This is great for bigger boxes but does little to help with the small stuff. They are rated 2500 lbs total or 500 lbs per shelf "evenly distritubed" if set up "as made"

I modified them to be 88-1/2" high which leaves the very top shelf 7" from the ceiling and have one set with 8 shelves, seven at 10", one at 13" and the other 10 shelves, one at 5-1/2", one at 13" and the rest at 7" apart.

I have one more set of shelves to put up as soon as I get the other two sets of shelving in that were on B/O

Now to find bin boxes to organize the parts in. LOL

Walter

IMG_2816.JPG IMG_2817.JPG

Looks good, I am always looking for ways to store stuff here in the apt.. of course, the best way is to get rid of some of it.!

Already took two full trailer loads of metal to the scrap metal place! And regretting getting rid of some of it.

This is the "back room" Bone Yard, 11 sets of shelves in there, all with the proper 5 shelves per unit.

It is still a bit cluttered as trying to sort out all the goodies and weed out the Chaff. I was using the clear flip top bins, but found that the Rubbermaid bins are more durable as the clear ones were cracking too easy, even though you could see what was in them better.

Walter

IMG_2818.JPG IMG_2819.JPG

You can get plastic bins from a lot of places, I bought a bunch from U-Line for my shop, they are reasonable when you buy in bulk.

Walter I feel your pain, I have a 53 foot box van full of rubbermaid containers and other assorted treasures (my wifes calls it junk), I added a second floor in the front half to hold lighter items. It was originally obtained 6 years ago to facilitate a move, but due to the housing market/economy, the move never happened. Been paying to park it in a storage yard ever since, now I'll probably need to replace all 8 tires before I can get it trucked somewhere. But hey, I could not have my 500 dollars worth of junk not being protected, right?

i can see by the amount of "stuff" you have, your gonna need to live forever. same as me, but your much more organized. :)

Back