New Project finished

A nice engine. However,I'd advise that the base is lacewood,an Australian wood also known as silky oak,a species of eucalyptus.

I agree with George, it's not like any Zebra I've used, but what a beautiful job you did on the engine!

A nice little engine, definitely silky oak, all the wall boards in my house are made from it.
Unfortunately it was painted in the 50's with that ultra thick leaded paint to hide it.

"Unfortunately it was painted in the 50's with that ultra thick leaded paint to hide it."

Durn! I can't see myself hitting "Like" for this sad situation ... and there's no "Sympathize" button.
Just an out-and-out bummer!

That is definitely not zebra wood which smells like a septic tank when sanded by the way pee-eew!

Nice engine, I was looking at it but never went and got all the materials. How well does the reverse lever work on it.

I think I'm past my tiny engine stage, made two or three in my apprenticeship, 40 years ago. That is one nice engine, however. I applaud your patience and skill.

I like your avatar, too, I lusted after one for a long time, finally gave in to restoring my Studebaker.

Nice engine, I was looking at it but never went and got all the materials. How well does the reverse lever work on it.

It works well. I built the engine at 2x his plan size. Little easier for me to get my fingers around!

I think I'm past my tiny engine stage, made two or three in my apprenticeship, 40 years ago. That is one nice engine, however. I applaud your patience and skill.

I like your avatar, too, I lusted after one for a long time, finally gave in to restoring my Studebaker.

Thanks for the note. I'm just starting my machining journey. Spent 40 years making beer and building breweries.
The Cobra is a lot of fun. The kit was a birthday present from my wife back at my 50th.
Hope the Studebaker is coming along.

Yea, building it 2x would prob make it a lot easier to work as it did look small in the plans but I may try it anyway just for the fun of it. I know I can cut stuff small but can my fingers put it together is the problem.

Back