New PM-932M-PDF mill

I have some difference in the Y axis 0.0015"in 9 inches, this means 0.0008" in 4.5 inches. The only way to correct this is with shims.....:thinking:....
I think you should leave it as is. That is as close as you need to get it, if you need tighter tolerances than that then you should be grinding your parts after milling.

Thank you tmarrks11. I will leave it as it is. Actually this is for hobby.....do not need tighter tolerances than that, besides trying to shim the column is a lot of work. Have never done it but last nigh when I went to bed was thinking about and decided to forget about it and think in some more important things I still need. Got a nice LED from a car accessory store that suits me OK...but it is 12V DC.......I have some old cel phones chargers around.....will see if can use one.

Thank you tmarrks11. I will leave it as it is. Actually this is for hobby.....do not need tighter tolerances than that, besides trying to shim the column is a lot of work. Have never done it but last nigh when I went to bed was thinking about and decided to forget about it and think in some more important things I still need. Got a nice LED from a car accessory store that suits me OK...but it is 12V DC.......I have some old cel phones chargers around.....will see if can use one.

One of the guys here has a PM45... has a really cool solution to lighting mill work... I think it is DarkZero... might read his mill thread. Includes a solution for the 12VDC issue.

During the cleaning process, I notice the gibs in this machine are held different than the mini mill and took one out. I am far from being an experience machinist.....so here a question. All the dove tail and gib surfaces are flat but not smooth.......guess is to keep better an oil film, but what if you fell a little high spot?......should it be corrected or leave it as it is. What is the correct way to go considering we are just hobbyist and not professionals.

Gantry crane is harder to store, but you don't have to worry about it tipping on you. After bad past experiences, I swore I would get one once I retired from the military and stopped moving every 3 years. 6 months of stalking craigslist yielded success.

View attachment 85636

Yeah yeah crane blah blah WHAT mill is that and what are the X,Y,Z travels? (Coolidge drools on himself)

Got a nice LED from a car accessory store that suits me OK...but it is 12V DC.......I have some old cel phones chargers around.....will see if can use one.

One of the guys here has a PM45... has a really cool solution to lighting mill work... I think it is DarkZero... might read his mill thread. Includes a solution for the 12VDC issue.

Posts #107 & #122.

Oh okay false alarm then, it looks bigger in the picture.

Ya know... I wonder if there is any reason this could not be done on a 935????

Might have to do some custom work on the power supply location, wiring, size of the light ring, etc...
I suspect it is workable.

Anyone tried it yet... or will I be the one (guinea pig) to post the mod? :)

THX

GA

Back