"new" Old Compressor Re-build

I picked it up from a small slipway that was shut down, so it may have been used for diving air. But I live in croc country so I dont know that I would be to keen on diving in the creeks around here.
--> Martin, pretty sure its not off an aircraft. Its way to heavy, All cast iron. It would run close to 80 kg.
--> FLguy, any hints as to why you guess that? I'm open to any suggestions for maker.
--> FOMOGO, whereabouts did you find that pic? I would like to see a larger image if I could. And what did you type in for your search?
I was hoping to use it for shop air to replace my tired old twin cylinder, but seeing as it is such a HP unit it may be to small in the CFM to run air tools.

Cheers Phil

Well, a bit more info comes to light. Found a manufacturers plate under all the crud.
Worthington of Holyoke Mass. Its a type H model V2 A4, 5000!! PSI :eek 2: Requires about 15HP to run it. Thinking it might be a tad too big for my needs........

Cheers Phil

Are there any dive shops near where you live? Maybe you can sell it after the refurb (or even before it's complete, so they can specify what kind of motor they'd want you to install). I'd guess such a compressor could be quite valuable to the right person.

Well, a bit more info comes to light. Found a manufacturers plate under all the crud.
Worthington of Holyoke Mass. Its a type H model V2 A4, 5000!! PSI :eek 2: Requires about 15HP to run it. Thinking it might be a tad too big for my needs........

Cheers Phil
c72e067a2c74df3fd6833719a56f75d1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Back