New Member Of The Family

you got a quality machine that will last many years. Nice Score!!:D

I think I wanted that same lathe but it didn't last long on Craigslist. Looks like it found a good home.

Thanks adam3999 and Dynafoiler.. Been working it over, Just picked up a new chuck and doing all of the normal adjustments and leveling. Bolted to floor with cement anchors.

Joe

Joe,

I was glad to ready your last sentence. Far too many hobby machinists ignore that step and do dumb things like putting their lathe on casters (totally ignoring machine shop SOP and the instructions in almost every lathe owner/operator's manual that I have ever read, from little 6 x 18's all the way up to a 56 x 240 that I once had some parts machined on.

Thanks Robert, That was a tough job, my chest was sore for a few days after leaning on the drill, trying to get the holes drilled for the anchors. Do not have a hammer drill, but I used an electric drill and if I hit a rock, I then tapped on the drill bit with a hammer.

Joe

Yep, been there, done that. :D

Tell me is that normal to mount the three jaw in the collet chuck ? isn't it too big and heavy

Hi Kiwi, yup way too heavy. First thing I did when I bought the lathe was order an L00 adapter and remove the collet mount from the chuck.

Thanks

Joe

Back