New Member Of The Family

Thanks Joe It will be a nice lathe I still have my father's myford ML7 using it for small jobs. Nice to know you can get the L series adapters out there like hens teeth over here managed to get a LO drive plate last month I now just have to acquire a fixed steady for my Colchester Master I can possibly make one if a job comes in before the acquisition which will be an interesting project for me

Hey Kiwi, wow, post some pics of the lathes, I am sure those are some nice vintage lathes. I ordered my L00 adapter from Canada, The ones here in the states must be made of some rare material as they sure are pricey.

Yes I am going through lots of effort on getting the tailstock lined up, and getting the chuck run out down to a minimum. A bunch of work for a newbie, like myself. I was hoping to just start in learning basic lathe operations, but no I have to now figure out how to get it working correctly.

I guess one of the draw backs of purchasing a older lathe than buying a new one.

Cheers

Joe

Thanks Kiwi, the Colchester Master looks like a solid lathe.

I will have to pick up a dead center, I only have a few live centers. I will try the method you mention for setting up the tail stock. I was also thinking of polishing up the spindle nose with some wet/dry paper. Now that i hear you have done this I will do the same.

Cheers

Joe

Wow, the Myford has a really interesting headstock on it. What is the metal pivot arm at the rear of the headstock. On your grinder setup, it looks like you can put a belt on the roller at the back and around the drive wheel? Did you create a DIY belt sander?

Looks cool.

Thanks

Joe

The pivot arm is just the motor mount and also supports the top shaft
and on the buff les the linishing belt is missing in the photo yes knocked it up in an afternoon many years ago just to get a job done it's a bit rough but works well hence its still around Myford 001.JPG

Back