New Machine!

Alright here are the rest of the pictures I promised, The outriggers I made for the machinery mounts turned out really nice, today we got the machine properly leveled, got the tail stock aligned,the foot brake connected and operational. and made a bushing for my 1/2" boring bar into the 1" bxa holder.
overall I'm happy with it, no major flaws, no funky vibrations, at least not in the low belt range (haven't run in high range yet). for now I have it Dialed in to .0015 taper across 10".
I plan to come back to that in a month or so and recheck after everything has set. I will see just how close to perfect I can get it aligned at that time, the tailstock alignment is within a couple tenth's which is good enough for me. Another bonus the factory chinese 3 jaw scroll chuck is repeatable to .0015 tir as well so im really happy with that.
Overall I'm impressed with this machine, and proud to have a pm machine.

20160626_185459.jpg

20160626_210831.jpg

20160626_210915.jpg

20160626_210911.jpg

Now your cookin! Bet you'll have less trouble turning those stainless parts on this lathe. :)

Nice to see El Hefe doing so well too (I'd forgotten just how big he is...)

Now your cookin! Bet you'll have less trouble turning those stainless parts on this lathe. :)

Nice to see El Hefe doing so well too (I'd forgotten just how big he is...)
Thanks Bill, El hefe is doing quite well in his new home! Im excited to see how the new lathe does with stainless. I can't imagine it will have any trouble what so ever. I may need to invest in 5/8" tooling rather than 1/2" now. I may have found some korloy inserts for stainless steel that run the same price as the inserts I currently buy from grizzly. Ill have to get the part numbers for the korloy polished inserts you use for aluminum.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

5/8" tooling will give you a bit more rigidity than the 1/2" ones. Especially in the tougher materials. I have one 3/4" tool holder for the big stuff, but I've only used it once.

Let me know what pricing, and with whom on those inserts. I should be ordering some more soon. Love those things. :)

Let me know the same with the aluminium inserts

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

That sure is purdy!
And it sounds like your accuracy is good too.
Congrats!

-brino

Back