'New' lathe has landed!

Part of the challenge was my strap was too long.

That can be a problem for sure. The standard lifting straps seem to be 6ft long. I stumbled on a 4ft version at TSC and bought a couple...that really seems to help. If nothing else it preserves lift height. By the time it's wrapped around the bed web it isn't much higher than the headstock (the picture I took was with the 4ft strap).

That can be a problem for sure. The standard lifting straps seem to be 6ft long. I stumbled on a 4ft version at TSC and bought a couple...that really seems to help. If nothing else it preserves lift height. By the time it's wrapped around the bed web it isn't much higher than the headstock (the picture I took was with the 4ft strap).

Yes mine are six ft long which was great for moving my surface grinder but too long for much else.
Thanks for the link!

I have some short light duty straps 18 to 24 inches. They are only rated at 500lbs, but are thin and flexible so work nicely as stabilizing staps while the heavy lifting strap takes most of the weight.

I use lifting slings to lift and ratchet straps to level/adjust.

Back