New Grizzly G4000 9x19 setup

Congrats on the purchase! Did Grizzly give you a timeline for the backorder? Nice that these are still being produced. Mine is a ShopFox 1048 and I'm still working on getting it up and running. Was thinking about that milling attachment but I'm planning to bite the bullet and get a CNC mini-mill configured.

I completely disassembled, cleaned, and reassembled the Grizzly T10721 milling attachment and found the gib was crooked and only making line contact with the slide:
Gib without shim bottom.jpg

Gib without shim top.jpg

I inserted a doubled up piece of 14 ga copper wire, now it looks much better:
Gib Shim Bottom.jpg

Gib Shim Top.jpg

Any suggestions for a better solution to enable correct gib alignment?

From the other end... But here is what mine looks like. Adjusting the gib screws was sufficient to get it working fine. But looks like you have a lot more gap. Will Grizzly replace it?

Milling attachment-1.jpeg

Milling attachment-2.jpeg

Spent some time to work out the deisgn of the clamps to mount the 2" screwless vise to the milling attachment. Dimensions when the vise is centered on the milling attachment:
Vise Edge to MA Edge.jpg

Marked up a block to see how it layed out:
Through Bolt Location.jpg

Milled Area Location.jpg

Dowel Hole Location.jpg

I made up a sketch of this layout:
Vise Clamp Design.jpg

You folks see any issue with this clamp design to mount the vise to the milling attachment?

Change of plans due to continued delay in shipping date for a G4000.

Changed the order with Grizzly to a G0602 currently in stock. A bit more than I planned to spend, but a more capable setup.

I’ll start a new thread for it.

Back