Needed a chainsaw carb gasket now on Sunday afternoon...

aametalmaster

Registered
Registered
So i fired up my lathe and chucked up a chunk of round scrap that i keep for small projects. It needed to have a 1 1/8" hole punched in the gasket. So i turned the chunk to 1 1/8" OD then turned the compound and cut from the center out making a nice sharp edge for the cutter. I left a small bump in the center of the punch to line up with the punch mark that i made with an ice pick down thru the diaphram cover. Just lined up the punch mark and slid everything in my shop press and punched it out. Perfect. 5 minute job....Bob

projects 182.jpg

Thats great Bob, I've got to make one myself. I have to cut the out side then the inside out of cork.

Paul

Or if I take time I could make one to do both at the same time.

So i fired up my lathe and chucked up a chunk of round scrap that i keep for small projects. It needed to have a 1 1/8" hole punched in the gasket. So i turned the chunk to 1 1/8" OD then turned the compound and cut from the center out making a nice sharp edge for the cutter. I left a small bump in the center of the punch to line up with the punch mark that i made with an ice pick down thru the diaphram cover. Just lined up the punch mark and slid everything in my shop press and punched it out. Perfect. 5 minute job....Bob
I know the thrill of making an ingenious tool, but I always used finger
nail scissors and a number 11 X-acto knife. ........BLJHB.

Back