Need Vise transported from Minneapolis to Maryland

intrepid

Registered
Registered
I want to purchase a vise located near Minneapolis, Minnesota but the seller will not ship. He only wants pickup. I understand it is heavy about 50+ pounds and the time and risk of shipping. Because of work and family commitments I just cannot make the sixteen+ hour travel from Maryland. I think if I pay for the vise there would not be a rush to pick it up and I am in no rush to receive it.
This is a long shot, but I am hoping there may be someone traveling from the Minneapolis area heading my way in western Maryland sometime in the next month or so. OR, if in the area could pick it up and pack and ship for me. If you are willing or know of another way please send me a PM. Thanks all.

There are services that will do, pickups, pack and ship, for you. It can even be done through UPS.

Here's one we used a few years ago:
They picked up a large antique vanity/dresser with a stone top & mirrored back section, from an aunt's house in Atlanta. They dissembled it, packed it and shipped it to NYC, delivered it to and reassembled it in our apartment, we weren't even home, they did an excellent job. I think it cost $1,300 which I thought was a good deal for all that work.
But for something small like a vice you might try UPS too, they also do pick-ups and packing.

I recently had a similar situation, though a shorter distance. LTL freight quotes exceeded the value of the vise without packaging. Fastenal Blue Line had a much more reasonable rate, but it would have to be packed and delivered to one of their stores. Is this vise something special?

I recently had a similar situation, though a shorter distance. LTL freight quotes exceeded the value of the vise without packaging. Fastenal Blue Line had a much more reasonable rate, but it would have to be packed and delivered to one of their stores. Is this vise something special?
This is what I was thinking . What is special about this certain vise ?
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. The vise is about 70 years old and somewhat rare. I have been searching for this one for many months and only the second example I have seen available. The first was in Idaho and was in poor shape plus out of my price range. Even this one is at the top of the value range. I suppose its best I just surrender and hope one comes available closer to home in the future.

So what vise is it ? :dunno:

Yeah man, please tell us what vise it is the suspense it killing us!

Back