Need to make a suction (siphon) pump

Meanwhile almost six months later. . .
(they weren't lying when they say that 'Radiation Treatment will wipe you out...')

I finally had a little strength and stamina to get out in the shop and plumb up the one @Ulma Doctor sent me.
Got it put together and into operation just before Memorial Day weekend.
It turned out great.
I was concerned that the brass control valve I had in my drawers of junque wouldn't function correctly, but it did.
It does provide some 'fine' control in adjusting the strength of the vacuum. Which is coming in very handy since I've
got a situation with mucus generation being worse than predicated.

It is so much quieter than all the others. :applause 2:,,,, It doesn't wake up my Better-Half when I have to use it in the middle of the night.
I was going to move it into the bathroom but she nixed that idea since she may have to use it if a certain situation comes up.

The reason I have it stashed in the cooler is so that if our Grandson is visiting he doesn't get curious since the motor is open-frame.

Honey had scored a new AC/DC powered Devilbiss off of eBay back in April just as we returned the rental unit.
I have to cart that around when we're gone from the house for extended periods of time. :confused:

Thank you Doc so much for helping me out on this, and to the all the Others who posted on this thread.
I've learned a lot about vacuum - that I wish I hadn't had to. . .

_D.

1686432620042.png 1686432970384.png

Hi Dan,

This is the first I have seen of this thread.
Sorry that you have had to face this.

I am glad to hear your strength and stamina are returning.
Shop time is good medicine too.

Stay on the recovery path!
Brian

Hi Dan,

This is the first I have seen of this thread.
Sorry that you have had to face this.

I am glad to hear your strength and stamina are returning.
Shop time is good medicine too.

Stay on the recovery path!
Brian
Thanks Brian!

Hi Dan,
I’m happy to have been of service to you.
Let me know if there’s anything I can do to assist you!
The difference is night and day. The Gest is stronger and gets everything quickly without having to 'coax' it like the other pumps.
I using the same size suction catheter, a 14FR, and a standard Yankauer, so that show how much better the Gest is for suction.
A lot less time spent attending to the task at hand. And the Wife is liking how quiet it is.
Thank you again so much, It makes life a tad easier, which I need right about now.

Back