Need to Know

confederatemule

Active User
Registered
I have a couple of questions.
These pictures were taken of the left side of the machine, as viewed from the front of the machine.
1) Was there a tag, label, scale, or something else, attached to the flange of the ram? The arrows point to screw holes. I cleaned the holes out after I took the pic, they are threaded.
PA080002.JPG

2) What is the purpose of this bolt? I have not touched it, I thought it would be best to get an idea of what it might be, before I removed it, or even moved the turret. It does not wiggle when I try to wiggle it, by hand.
PA080004_crop.jpg

Thanks for any help.
Mule

PA080002.JPG PA080004_crop.jpg

I have a couple of questions.
These pictures were taken of the left side of the machine, as viewed from the front of the machine.
1) Was there a tag, label, scale, or something else, attached to the flange of the ram? The arrows point to screw holes. I cleaned the holes out after I took the pic, they are threaded.
View attachment 61908

2) What is the purpose of this bolt? I have not touched it, I thought it would be best to get an idea of what it might be, before I removed it, or even moved the turret. It does not wiggle when I try to wiggle it, by hand.
View attachment 61909

Thanks for any help.
Mule

The first photo looks to me to be mounting screws for a metal tag/name plate. The second looks like a lamp mounting bolt. I have used Bridgeports some have had swivel mounted work lights this looks like a crude replacement.

Thanks, Bill C., for your response.
In the first pic, if a factory tag, of some sort, was there, wonder where I might get a replacement?

In the second pic, I will try to get the bolt out, since it is probably something added after manufacture of the machine, and probably has no effect on the use of the machine.

Again, Thanks.

Mule

Back