Need Tail Stock Nut For South Bend Heavy 10 Tail Stock

joebiplane

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I have lost the nut that goes ahead of the crank wheel and at the rear of the Body, that extends and retracts the tail stock taper sleeve that holds the center that would go in there.
It is unique to the heavy 10 lathe as each size tailstock uses a different nut
In the parts ( form 912 E ) the part number is PT52R2 ( *the R2 in the part # indicates a Heavy 10...or 10L lathe.
The Item number on the PART blow-up for that piece is # 21

If anyone has an old tailstock that is a " Roach " but the nut is salvageable....I want to buy it as long as it is serviceable I can restore it. I don't need or want any pieces of the rest of the tailstock. you can sell them separately. I'm willing to pay $ 25.00 INCLUDING SHIPPING for what I need
Thanks
Contact Joebiplane@comcast.net or call 856-506-7525 ( South Jersey )

I would also consider renting YOUR Tailstock Nut/Bushing for a heavy 10 so I can duplicate it for my tailstock.
I would send a deposit ( You determine the required deposit) for collateral plus the cost of shipping it to me. I will make a detailed CAD drawing and photograph it and return it to you within a week. You may keep $ 25.00 of the collateral and return the balance to me upon the part being returned safely to you.

I am in a bind without the part and would really appreciate any help I can rustle up.
Thanks
Joebipane

No Takers YET on a rental of your 10 L tailstock nut for one week for $ 25.00 ? OK ....I'LL SEND $ 56.00 and promise to return it to you one week after I receive it. Whe you receive the returned Nut, You send $ 25.00 of the deposit back to me ( After you pay the $ 5.95 flat rate USPS Priority out of the deposit funds leaving you with the balance of $ 25.00 to squander away on more tooling.
You make $25.00 plus that warm and fuzzy feeling you get when you help a fellow hobbiest.

HOW ABOUT IT FELLOWS ????
thanks

Gosh give a guy a chance to read the thread, I have my dads heavy 10 tail stock. (I think its a 10) could be an eleven. I will measure it tomorrow. I was copying the design to make a tail stock for my 10K but just recently bought a tail stock from Ulma doctor. I need to return the tailstock to dad, so I will definitely need it back. You may want to send me a PM in the AM so I remember to look. Tim

The threaded portion is 1"-16 too. The screw feed shaft is 1/2 " ( unthreaded portion )on a heavy 10 TS. ). A 9". Or 10k. Would have a 3/8 shaft on the Feed screw shaft.
Let me know! You will definitely get it back. I just need to get Derry measurement yo clone it
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back