Need help with inserts

Well the cutter i have i cant dovetail because there isnt enough shank. But i will prob mill it down. But i need to decide what type of tool i want to make with them another turning tool would be nice. Boring bar also.

I have a few tools as well as maybe 100 or so Valenite inserts .

I just picked up a book. I guess it wouldn’t hurt. I got the metric version as well. Figure it would be best to get as well.

Here is a cutter that I'm keeping Brent since it'll fit my AXA Aloris holders . I do have plenty of inserts , here are 5 different grades and styles . If you don't know what you need or are looking for , I'll sell you a few of each if you're interested . If not , no big deal , they'll get used up down here . :)

Attachments

• IMG_8972.JPG
    IMG_8972.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 105
It seems unnecessary by now to recommend David Best's book on inserts. There is so much info there. We can blow $30 in inserts without really understanding what we're getting, but the book shows a good set of inserts and insert holders to stock for each level of experience, beginner, intermediate and advanced. I would have saved way more than the book costs in avoiding useless inserts.

Back