1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

Dismiss Notice

Need Help With Air Impact Wrench

Discussion in 'QUESTIONS & ANSWERS (Get Help Fast Here!)' started by gi_984, Jun 2, 2016.

1. bfd

bfd United States H-M Supporter - Premium Content H-M Supporter-Premium

City:
    nipomo
    State:
    California

-Return to Top-

D A takes me more than 10 seconds just to get to tire level! would be tired after removing the first tire then comes the 10 minute rest bill

Bob Korves likes this.
  2. Silverbullet

Silverbullet Active Member Active Member

City:
    Marlton
    State:
    New Jersey

-Return to Top-

I've spent the last forty years knuckle busting on equipment large and small. I have every size impact from 1/4" to 3/4" and several just in 1/2". My strongest is a big double hammer IGR 1/2" the 3/4" isn't as strong unless you use 1" hose and 150 psi . I also have a HF with 2" extended 1/2" actually my favorite . A little air oil every day and it's been working thirty years . Now I've gone to IGR battery jobs 14.4 volt and 19.2 volt with the lithium batteries . They were extremely expensive but worth it not to hall around hoses and be restricted. Still need the air ones , but my HF gets grabbed unless I need tons of punch the IGR also weighs as much as the 3/4" craftsman . Only bought that one when our Sears Kmart went under . My shop I run the compressor at 125 psi and 100 psi to my limes with filter and oiler . Compressor has auto drain too. I figure my tools cost to DERN much to not protect them. Oh the big IGR sounds like a machine gun if you feather the trigger. Hitler's buzz saw mg .

Tozguy likes this.
  3. kd4gij

kd4gij United States Active User Active Member

City:
    St. Petersburg
    State:
    Florida

-Return to Top-

The harbor freight earth quake guns get great reviews all over the net.

4. alloy

alloy Always looking for the next tool score H-M Supporter-Premium

City:
    Vancouver
    State:
    Washington

-Return to Top-

I have an ancient CP 720 and it rocks. But having said that my Milwaukee M18
    2763-20 walks all over it. And no hose to drag around with you.

Not cheap at $200 plus a battery, but I haven't run across anything it won't break loose. The neighbors son uses his on his semi. Takes it with him, uses it to change tires on his log truck and trailer.

Tozguy likes this.