Need help sourcing a tee-nut

PAturner

Registered
Registered
Hi,
I just purchased a QCTP for my lathe. Some of you may recall that I have a lathe that nobody has been able to identify. As such, I can't find a proper tee-nut for the compound in order to use the tool post, and I don't have a mill to make one. Would anybody be willing to make me a simple tee nut based off of some drawings for a small fee and shipping costs?

Hi,
I just purchased a QCTP for my lathe. Some of you may recall that I have a lathe that nobody has been able to identify. As such, I can't find a proper tee-nut for the compound in order to use the tool post, and I don't have a mill to make one. Would anybody be willing to make me a simple tee nut based off of some drawings for a small fee and shipping costs?
I had to cut mine for my tool qctp
I cut the one that come with my toolpost

PA says he doesn't have a mill and the T nu provided with his QCTP doesn't fit his compound.

PA I suggest you give us the dimensions that you need. Someone can help I am sure.

David

Hi,
The nut provided has the taped hole already in it
And it just needs cutting to fit your T-slot in the compound .
Send the prints And the T- nut you have
And return shipping
I can cut it for you

Alternately, you could get most of the material out using a cutoff wheel in a angle grinder, and then if you can rig a way to hold it steady on your compound, you can finish it off with a end mill held in the chuck of your lathe (I've used this to cut keyways in shafts).

If you have a 4 jaw chuck you can mount the stock with the tapped hole
running vertically and face off 1/2 the amount you need, flip it end for end and
face off the other 1/2 to get the width of the bottom of the t-nut.

Then mount the stock in the 4 jaws with the tapped hole running horizontally and
centered in the chuck. You can then make the top of the t-nut a cylinder of the width
you need. Halligan142 on YouTube he has a video on how to do this:

Hi,
About what size do you need. I may be able to help. I even have a few bolts to go thru the qctp. I'm a bit laid up but I'm close you can come get it. Twelve miles from Philly on rt70. I'm sure I can make you one. If you want just let me know , no charge

Last edited:
Hey all,

I think I've got somebody lined up to make the part- if it doesn't work out I'll get back to you guys who offered to help. Thanks so much!

Back