Need Help On This

Bluewv1

Registered
Registered
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY] Am unable to find any makings so am stuck on who makes this mill thank you for any help

image.jpg

More pics please.
Any name plates or stampings?
Closeups would be helpful.
What parts are you looking for?
What Spindle collets or taper?
A better idea of scale would be helpful.
Table size, etc.
I saved the pic and expanded it on my computer to better see her.
Is it integral to the lathe? Difficult to tell.

Daryl
MN

Hi Bluewv1,

First, welcome to the site!

The base on that looks similar to a horizontal mill that I pulled out of a scrap yard a few years ago. Unfortunately, that's still a project waiting for some time. Mine was made at Garrigus machine works in Bristol Connecticut, before the factory was bought by Bristol Machine Tool.

Does it have an access door on the side against the wall?
Mine does for access to the big steel block that acts as counter-weight to the head. On mine the door has info cast into it.

Of course, I believe that style was popular with a number of US manufacturers. I recall another one being posted here.

I am trying to find some pictures of mine to show you.

I bet that you'll find that yours was originally a horizontal mill as well and that an owner along the way added the vertical head.

-brino

If that was made at Garrigus, I can find it at the Historical Society here in Bristol. I live about 5 minutes from there. I will take a ride over this morning. Bristol Machine Tool is still there, I will check with them also. May get real lucky on this one.

"Billy G"

Back