Need help deciphering a motor plate and sizing a vfd.

They have electrical ratings, but they range quiet a bit in price. Some people will mount the VFD in the column base if you have an access panel on the side. There are a number of electrical cabinets listed on Amazon, eBay, etc., something like 16x12x8 is more than sufficient and should not need any cooling vents given that it is metal an volume relative to the VFD size. VEVOR NEMA Electrical Enclosure, 16 x 12 x 8'' NEMA 4X Outdoor Electrical Box, IP66 Waterproof & Dustproof Electrical Junction Box, with Mounting Plate one below is $83 with free delivery.

Load Circuit Breaker Switch, 25A/32A 3-Pole 2-Position Rotary Cam On-Off Power Switch for Industrial, Circuit Breaker Rotary Switch(32A)

Made progress on the vfd. I didn’t realize I had purchased a base mount switch. I had to make a spacer and line that all up. I suppose it’s safer though since it acts as an interlock. Just need to drill and tap the holes to put it on the mill, run the motor wires, and rewire the drum switch to a network cable for the vfd inputs.

It was a pain squeezing the 10ga wires into the vfd since they are solid copper. They barely fit, they push against the screw and the side of their receptacle.

I also added outlets on the side for future dro and power feed.

Attachments

• IMG_2273.jpeg
    IMG_2273.jpeg
    311.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2274.jpeg
    IMG_2274.jpeg
    263.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2275.jpeg
    IMG_2275.jpeg
    172.8 KB · Views: 4
Back