Name That Tool

Mikebr5

Registered
Registered
Howdy Friends.
I tried a search, and I tried looking through about 20 pages of thread titles... I might have missed a valuable thread called "Name That Tool!"
If I did miss it, apologies and I request to have this thread attached to that one.

Since I didn't find one like I am thinking of, here's my proposition.

Anytime one of us finds a tool that is either a mystery tool or just a cool historical piece that is not widely known, we can post in this thread and the knowledgeable ones or guessers can give their answers.
Alternatively, if everyone wants to post a new thread for this same idea, then I will just keep adding to this one by myself. Up to yous and the honchos.

*Fire flew from his fingertips* I'll start this show...

As I was sorting through various boxes of tooling, came across these semi-sorted. I don't know what they are for. I may have known at one time, but it's amazing what a few decades and an exciting life can do to some memories.

Any help?

PS- I have enough mystery tools to keep this thread going for years. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• 20201030_171231.jpg
    20201030_171231.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 85
:hat tip: Thank you kindly sir! That was lightning quick.

How about this? Been sitting on my desk for a few days.
The flat has a set-screw mark about halfway down the flat.
The numbers are 11/16x1/2, then a "C" in a squished diamond. Didn't show up well in the pic.

Attachments

• IMG_20201030_172359.jpg
    IMG_20201030_172359.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20201030_172407.jpg
    IMG_20201030_172407.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20201030_172418.jpg
    IMG_20201030_172418.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 46
If there is a bandwidth limit,

I don't know for sure ........................................................but I have a TON of un-knowns lying around fer SURE ! :grin:

I love these kind of threads btw .

What?! Am I making an error with the thread?

Nah, you're all good.
Dave was just joking about the buckets of unknown tools he has piled up.

We've had a number of separate "What is it" threads, and I remember someone asking for a dedicated section for them, but I don't think it ever happened.

No worries anyway; we're not too uptight here about things posted in exactly the right section.

Welcome back @Mikebr5 !

-brino

Nah, you're all good.
Dave was just joking about the buckets of unknown tools he has piled up.

We've had a number of separate "What is it" threads, and I remember someone asking for a dedicated section for them, but I don't think it ever happened.

No worries anyway; we're not too uptight here about things posted in exactly the right section.

Welcome back @Mikebr5 !

-brino

Brino nailed it . We have a great group here always willing to help in any way possible .

We also like to have fun , so wail away with those un-knowns . :grin:

I think I started a thread a few years back as " Lets stump the chump " or something similar on these same lines as un-known tooling . Haven't seen it in awhile .

Thank you gentlemen... Much appreciated.
That one answer solved two more for me.

As we're going through the shop pulling out old tool boxes and the occasional coffee can full of tools, I'm scratching my head enough to form a bald spot.

Attachments

• Counterbore pilots.jpg
    Counterbore pilots.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 16
  • Interchangeable pilot counterbore set.jpg
    Interchangeable pilot counterbore set.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 23
Back