Name that pump!

That's about as close as I was able to get too, Jim. There's a compressor shop not too far from my shop, and they did rework the heads a few years ago, before it was retired, so if I have to, I'll haul it up to them. I'd just rather purchase the gaskets online and not mess with them.

This one has similar construction:

http://www.mastertoolrepair.com/images/Craftsman_parts_102.17148_page1.png

Different model number, but there is a note that says the diagram goes with several models.

I need to go through it. It was a freebie, but has potential. It's one of those old, slow "garage" compressors that run forever, and really don't heat up the air that much. Since I work by myself most of the time, it will be enough. It had a 5hp motor when I got it. I was working when taken out of service simply because we bought tow Altlas-Copco 50hp compressors and retired this one and a larger Curtis. I asked for this o to keep it out of another auction. I may put a 10 hp on it, and speed it up just a little, but I don't think the lube system will like that. I do have the tank and electrics, they just need a paint job about as bad. The pump will get sandblasted and maybe powder coated, nio sure yet.

That's one of the bad things about Sears, they let everybody build stuff for them. The prefix of the model number, 102, is supposed to allow reference to the OEM. The tank has a tag also, but a chase on that number hasn't helped either.

Kellog American would be good. I like their pumps. It's just been so long since I worked in repair machining, I can't tell by looking any more. Second shop I worked at did pneumatic/hydraulic repairs on the other end of the building, so we got the machine work out of all that.

Tony,
Kellogg American or Ajax, there serial numbers start with 102___ as mine does. The company went out of bis ahwile back, as I could not get any parts for mine, just have to make them.
Paul

Making most of the parts don't scare me, but what did you use for a head gasket? Were your rings ok? I can make some new ones if I can't find a sub, or recut the grooves for another.

Tony

What you have is a Kellogg model # 331 with a # 48870 centrifugal unloader assembly

It is over 25 years old
I still can get most parts for them

People are selling pumps that look like it but are made in China.

PM sent

Andrew
the compressor guy

Tony

What you have is a Kellogg model # 331 with a # 48870 centrifugal unloader assembly

It is over 25 years old
I still can get most parts for them

People are selling pumps that look like it but are made in China.

PM sent

Andrew
the compressor guy

Airman, I should have waited for you to respond, didn't mean to cut you out on the parts link. I apologize.

Fishchips

Back