N.O.S. 618

Well it seems bonafide- why in the world would someone keep a lathe in a crate for that long and never use it? I've heard of life happening while you're busy making other plans but that is ridiculous
Also wonder if he just bought it or is the original owner? He says "my beautiful new" as if he's had it all this time, but you could say the same thing if you just won it at auction
-Mark

That is pretty incredible. I like it.

Wow.

There was a Myford that came up for sale here a few years ago. Owner had been a sales rep for them and bought one for his future retirement. Well I’m sure he retired but for one reason or another never opened the crate nor unpacked the machine. Thirty years later he put it up for sale, never been run. It happens.

-frank

that's wild. So now I know what one looks like when it was new :)

A while back in Rhode Island at a machinery supply house, I saw a small NOS South Bend lathe circa WWII. It had been given to a naval officer as a retirement gift and he'd never used it.

jack vines

Agree with John, I'd much rather have a mint South Bend 9" for 2k +

Wow, what a time capsule that is. There was an Atlas 7B shaper still in it's cosmoline on eBay a few months ago. I had a notion to but did not Bid. I think it sold for ~$2500.

Best,
Kelly

Back