Mystery Tool assistance to identify

ddmunroe

Active User
Registered
Mystery Tool

M5.jpgM6.jpgM2.jpgM3.jpgM1.jpg
Hello all,

Can you help me identify exactly what this tool is used for ...
I have tried to google the number and company but nothing when I did.
It is very well made, with the long shafts one end the indicator mounts then the long shaft at the other end transmits variations back to the indicator.
With two indicators included in the blow mould box it seems they are to be used simultaneously ?
It's got me stumped.

:))dd

M.jpg M1.jpg M2.jpg M3.jpg M5.jpg M6.jpg

Last edited:
This is for setting the injection timing (ignition timing) of a Cummins diesel engine. Since a diesel does not have spark plugs and actually is timed by the injection of the fuel into the cylinder. The injection is timed off of cam lobes and this indexes the cams correctly for that timing.

I just found one that sold on ebay for 200 bucks. It's a tool that is pricey but you need to find someone that specifically has need of it and doesn't already have one.

Personally, I would investigate the pricing some more. Maybe throw it on eBay with a reserve and if it don't sell, you can alway use the indicators and mounts and turn the rest of the holder bars into fixtures for specific indicating needs later on as the need presents its self.

Keith, thanks for posting that. I have a very similar tool, looks homemade. It has a Federal .0001" (Tenths) indicator on it with the Dodge logo and name under the crystal of the indicator. The maker used a injection molding release pin between the indicator tip and the object to be measured. I had a feeling it was for timing but now I know :)

Sadly OP is no longer a regular of this forum, hopefully he sees your post

Back