Myford ML7-R cross slide

Vatchmaster

Registered
Registered
Hi all, my job (mechanic shop) just been given a Myford ML7-R lathe. I obviously am thrilled BUT the cross slide and up (tool holder, top slide, etc) are missing.. So I am wondering how to solve this problem. Are there any place that delivers to Canada that have theses parts, genuine or not, OR is there any way to build those? It was given to us and I cannot spent much to rebuild it.. Please note that for what I'll be using it (bushing, small parts for machinery, etc.), extreme precision is not required. Thanks

Attachments

• 20210812_123324.jpg
    20210812_123324.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 18
Oh and also, for creating parts I have access to a surface grinder and welding machine.

You could try searching on the UK Ebay website, you might be able to find one.
The most expedient way would be to fab something yourself, at least until you can find the genuine article
-Mark

Hi I had a hunt on UK web sites and found this
It’s actually for a ML8 wood lathe but I am confident it will fit your machine perfectly ? The bottom unit is made as a conversion to fit the ML8 but as far as I can see the rest is the cross and top slide assembly as used on all other machines. A few detail differences for the Super7 but it’s the right one for your machine IMO
John

My friend has rebuilt several machines in Norway. He probably has a part machines. He also has a company distributors in North America. He can probably figure out a good way to get you one. Message me and I can give you his email.

Keep an eye on Kijiji (ontario) , there are a couple of sellers that deal with Myford lathes, I believe they buy old or non functional lathes and sell the parts . I see their ads every once in awhile,

Back