My week this week, my workshop videos.

Hi All, A good week of field work including pulling stumps and removing the much hated snowberry! Weather has been good till Friday when the heavens opened Thursday night, and it just kept rainind. After a hot and humid afternoon the heavens opened for a 20 minute downpour early evening. Keith was getting ready for Angelas trip to Germany to judge at a dog show, so we scrapped all thoughts of getting any usefull work done on Friday, and I went off to the Electrical wholesalers with my bro to get the gear to wire the shed, or as mike calls it, The British legion Hall Keith and Angela will return Monday afternoon, so we will be back at it Tuesday, but the weather doesnt look good!
Phil, in rainy steamy East Yorkshire!

Hi All, A good week of field work including pulling stumps and removing the much hated snowberry! Weather has been good till Friday when the heavens opened Thursday night, and it just kept rainind. After a hot and humid afternoon the heavens opened for a 20 minute downpour early evening. Keith was getting ready for Angelas trip to Germany to judge at a dog show, so we scrapped all thoughts of getting any usefull work done on Friday, and I went off to the Electrical wholesalers with my bro to get the gear to wire the shed, or as mike calls it, The British legion Hall Keith and Angela will return Monday afternoon, so we will be back at it Tuesday, but the weather doesnt look good!
Phil, in rainy steamy East Yorkshire!
Heading to London in 9 days. Hoping for nice weather. We were there a couple years ago in May and had perfect weather!!

Hi All, I was off sick with my non covid ailment again, could be the OSR pollen which fills the air at the moment, or could be just hay fever, there is a high pollen count at the moment, and it always makes me flu-ish for a couple of days! I get the wiring of the mains to disboards finished in the "shed" at Cambrai Covers, and then Friday I get to spend some time in the workshop, and make a start on the latest machine lamp! Phil, in wet and windy (again) East Yorkshire.

Hi all! Another week of mainly field work with a quick few repairs in the workshop, the Toro tractor is running well now and although the exhaust comes off at one point, it is an easy repair, and also a permanent one!the only problem now is the self closing throttle, which is a pain, and it still tends to set off a bit suddenly as the clutch is released, more adjustment needed, but it is doing really good work at the moment! We get a bit of a surprise when we look into one of our unused tin sheds!! We have given the bramble area another closer cut and also the grass, and all is looking really good, we haven't finished yet,, but the end is in sight! Phil, in cloudy but hot East Yorkshire.

Hi all! Another week of fun and Jollity in the blazing sun!, we have a burn, and then start to prepare the new dog run it the field, it is all beginning to take shape and become tidy, although the battle with the spring growth is ongoing the whole place looks so much better. We willl finish the new kennel block next week, and then it is back onto the remaining clearing of the brambles near the entrance and up the hill! Another few weeks and I can crawl back into the workshop and lick my wounds! Actually, both physically and mentally I feel so much better than I was a few months ago!
Phil, in very warm and sunny East Yorkshire

Hi all! A week of persistent breakdowns, caused by lack of maintenance, misuse and general daftness on my part! I had a feeling the Fordson radiator was leaking again, and as I was cutting the grass with it it began to overheat slightly, and then the governor failed!! Unfortunately when a Simms vacuum governor fails, the pump suddenly goes flat out and gives the engine as much fuel as it can! So the engine goes to max revs, a huge cloud of black smoke comes out of the exhaust. I grabbed the stop button and when all had come to a halt, started it again with the same result! nothing to do but leave it in the middle of the field and go and order the parts. We got it fixed and fitted the new radiator, but it started on three cylinders,, and sounded a bit rough, but came onto 4 as soon as I drove it and remained on 4 even at tickover. Time will tell if there is any permanent damage, and if there is, I will fix it! Phil

Hi all! We continue with the kennel building, and finally get the measure of it! The first thing you do with any sort of construction, is start from a level site! There are no level sites in Langtoft so we have to build level(ish) on a slope, but using square front galve bar panels with doors in, which means we get the effect of terraced houses that run up a hill, each is higher than the last! Once we complete the first one and get some diagonal strenghteners in, it all falls into place, and continues apace Tuesday we go to Millington woods for my wifes Birthday treat, and spend a wonderful after noon almost by ourselves in woodland so secluded we almost failed to find it! The only other people there happened to be, coincidentally, one of my Daughters uni mates, and a fun day out was had by all!
Phil, in cloudy but warm East Yorkshire.

Hi all! It has been really hot, so if I don't make a lot of sense through the video it is the heat getting to me! 30 deg C on Friday, and we gave up trying to work!We salvaged a load more wood and cleared more mess up to get it! Kennel number 1 is complete less roof, and we are going for a finish in the cooler weather forecast for next week. We are both exhausted!
Phil, in sweltering East Yorkshire.

Another very hot week of field work on the kennels, which thank the lord are nearing completion! Now we know the construction method we can get straight on to construction without too much thinking time! Enjoy my cab ride in the engine at the Yorkshire Wolds railway! Unlike most heritage railways, this one has been rebuilt in an empty field where there used to be a railway line from Driffield to Malton, no taking over an existing line and rolling stock fror these true enthusiasts, they started with nowt and have created a railway out of it! Look them up @YWRailway and come for a look and a ride! Tell them I sent you!!
Phil, in sweltering Torremalangtoft!

Hi all! A week of steamy tropical humidity, not easy to work in, and we had to struggle on! Days missed due to rain and hospital appointments, But still we persevere! This week we have the luxury of a cameraman for a day, so you get to see me and cousin Keith actually working! If we don't get this project finished by next friday we will both go insane, , some would say it is far too late for that, others would throw there hands in the air and wander off muttering under their breath, I seem to do a lot of muttering lately......
Phil, in the East Yorkshire rain forest, slowly steaming!

Back