My shop addition and make over

More progress on the shop makeover. I removed the workbench that was the entire width of the back wall. Then removed the existing 1/8" pegboard. I removed the old receptacles, installed new wiring and receptacles to suite my needs, installed 2 new led 2x4 lights, insulating the wall and installing new osb. I installed the new workbench to set it up for new layout then removed it to insulate and install osb.
KIMG0018.JPGKIMG0027.JPGKIMG0024.JPGKIMG0026.JPGKIMG0019.JPGKIMG0017.JPGKIMG0025.JPG

Don't know how I've managed to miss this thread. Interesting.

Nice work, neighbor!

Regards

I'm almost done with the makeover. I just finished tearing off the old tin on the addition and replacing it with new roffing panels. Also built some storage shelves under the overhang on the back wall of the addition. I almost have the interior like I want it. Still have the compressors and air line to install as well as insulation, osb, and pegboard in some areas. The workbench/outfeed table worked great.
KIMG0046.JPGKIMG0047.JPGKIMG0041.JPGKIMG0043.JPGKIMG0040.JPG

I'm almost done with the makeover. I just finished tearing off the old tin on the addition and replacing it with new roffing panels. Also built some storage shelves under the overhang on the back wall of the addition. I almost have the interior like I want it. Still have the compressors and air line to install as well as insulation, osb, and pegboard in some areas. The workbench/outfeed table worked great.
View attachment 321805View attachment 321806View attachment 321807View attachment 321808View attachment 321809
Looking good.

I like looking at others shops to get ideas for mine . I was wanting a nice way to store stock inside and the way you used a shelf running long pieces through the side is a nice way ! I'll need to find some shelving like that , what I have has closed sides

I like looking at others shops to get ideas for mine . I was wanting a nice way to store stock inside and the way you used a shelf running long pieces through the side is a nice way ! I'll need to find some shelving like that , what I have has closed sides
+1 on the stock storage. My shop is relatively organized, but my stock storage is a train wreck. Looking for ideas also.

Bruce

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments on the storage rack. This is the story how I ended up with it.
This rack started as a rolling base for a portable transformer. Transformer went bad so it was scrapped. Later the warehouse was getting cleaned up and the base went to the scrap bin and I retrieved it. I had some 3" channel shipping supports that came out of a switchgear that I used for a center support and welded 4" conduit scraps to it. I used it like that for short metal storage for years. Then I bought some 3' retail shelves at a yard sale last year and the guy threw in the 2 racks. I had no idea at the time what I would do with them. The idea came to me when I started this shop makeover.
Jay

I have a few bar and pipe clamps that have been stored here and there but not all in one place and easy to get to. I like the roll around racks but did not want to give up the floor space
This is what I came up with. Works pretty well for shop vac tools as well.
KIMG0063.JPGKIMG0062.JPG
Thanks for looking,.
Jay

V
I have a few bar and pipe clamps that have been stored here and there but not all in one place and easy to get to. I like the roll around racks but did not want to give up the floor space
This is what I came up with. Works pretty well for shop vac tools as well.
View attachment 323029View attachment 323030
Thanks for looking,.
Jay
Very nice.

Back